Westroads Mall Mural Contest at South East Corridor near JCPenney
Now – Fri, May 24
Calling all Local Artists!
WESTROADS MALL MURAL CONTEST
Theme: Nebraska Through Your Eyes
Below are details for the contest, process and long term goals! If chosen, all the below items will need to be acknowledged and release of liability will need to be signed. If you wish to not participate after reading, please let us know and we’ll remove your submission.
- Westroads Mall would like the help from local artists to bring some beauty and flare to our Mall and community. Our vision is something that will embody Nebraska's beauty while also being modern, colorful and maybe even interactive.
- The mural will be at our South East entrance by JCPenney's on one large section of the cement wall.
- Participants can be a solo painter or in small teams of 2-3 members, participants must be 13 years or older.
- The Mural space is 11feet high by 27 feet long, so please create all renderings to fit within these specifications.
- All submissions must be original artwork, creative and have the ability to paint the design for themselves.
- Participants must submit their mural design to the Westroads Mall Property Management Associate by May 24th, 2019. Submit all questions and renderings to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please submit designs in color if possible)
LOCALE + SPACE DETAILS:
- Property owner retains the right to remove the art at any time.
- The mural will be kept up for longer than 6 months.
- Building owner and all parties involved in the promotion retain rights to use art painted for promotional material, both printed and digital.
- If damaged or maintenance is required, the artist may be asked to complete the repair.
- The mural design will be chosen by Mall Management on May 31st, 2019, and the winner will be announced on June 3rd, 2019.
- Painting will begin June 5th and be completed by June 30th, 2019.
- Painting must be done within predetermined scheduled times.
- The Mall will prep the wall and space around it for painting
- The mall will provide limited supplies - such as brushes, paint, etc.- Items needed to be discussed with artist.
- Release of liability
- Artists will be required to sign a release of liability to start any work.
- Plaque on the mural with artist’s name(s) and a $200 mall gift card.